Seeks the Project Manager/Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for Media and Civic Participation for Transparency and Accountability project in Kyrgyzstan
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Closing Date: 18 June 2015
About Internews Europe
Internews Europe is an international development organization specializing in supporting independent media, freedom of information and free expression around the globe. The vast majority of our programmes are targeted at crisis-hit populations, emerging democracies and some of the world’s poorest countries.
Background to the Project
Internews Europe has designed the “Media and Civic Participation for Transparency and Accountability” project to strengthen anti-corruption initiatives by media professionals and civil society to support inclusive, transparent and accountable governance within Kyrgyzstan. The project’s primary goal is to work with the media and civil society organizations to mobilize citizens around pressing issues on transparency and accountability as well as improving the media coverage of Rule of Law issues.
This is an 18-month project funded by the European Commission. The project started on 1 April 2015.
Scope of Work
The Project Manager/M&E Officer will manage (programmatically) and coordinate the activities in Kyrgyzstan under the project “Media and Civic Participation for Transparency and Accountability.”
Specifically, the Project Manager/M&E Officer will:
- manage and coordinate project activities to ensure timely completion of all project deliverables in line with agreed timelines and budgets, including robust monitoring and evaluation;
- provide progress updates to the Project Director (PD), donors and key stakeholders;
- develop and refine various project data collection tool (both quantitative and qualitative), and maintain a result database to aggregate data;
- manage the information-gathering process for results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations for various audiences as needed;
- document good practices, lessons learned trends, and implementation issues;
- research and collect content and stories about the project’s achievements;
- monitor the co-implementing partners implementation progress as per the agreed conditions to ensure the project activities are implemented within the agreed budget and timeline, report to PD on eventual issues and suggest solutions;
- liaise with Financial Manager and IEU HQ Programme Accountant to ensure that all financial records are up to date and documented;
- support PD in preparation of monthly internal reports;
- support PD to ensure that all outputs meet the highest programme standards;
- provide day-to-day management of the monitoring and evaluation of activities related to project;
- provide synergies with other Internews projects in Kyrgyzstan;
- ensure the project complies with donor regulations, laws, and Internews Europe’s policies, including local laws and requirements for local staff;
- set up systems to have all the project documentation available as per local legislation, donor regulations and IEU rules and procedures, and to share the project documentation with IEU HQ as agreed;
- support PD in creation and regular review of the work plan, ensure implementation of eventual modifications;
- ensure efficient communication between different internal stakeholders in Bishkek and IEU HQ;
- undertake any other tasks or responsibilities as requested by the Project Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each necessary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential task.
- At least five years of relevant project management experience in Kyrgyzstan or within the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- Experience of managing media development projects focused on corruption and Rule of Law, preferably with the responsibility for medium to long term programme implementation.
- Experience of managing EC-funded projects.
- Excellent spoken and written Russian.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience of capacity building for professional media associations and media outlets, and civil society organizations.
- Experience with development and implementation of M&E.
- Experience working with government, non-government stakeholders, etc., on media issues.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively plan, monitor and report on a programme activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence of complex monitoring and evaluation management and reporting.
- Experience and knowledge of training, group-work facilitation and participatory and collaborative approaches.
- Relevant university degree.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Spoken and written Kyrgyz.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Experience of managing projects with co-financing requirements.
Experience developing online platforms for citizen engagement.
TO APPLY: Please submit the following documents in English via email email@example.com with “Project Manager/M&E Officer” in the subject line:
- Cover letter.
- Two letters of recommendations.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Deadline to submit applications is June 18, 2015.