Today, on February 18, a five-day training of trainers (TOT) on investigative journalism has started. 12 representatives of media and NGOs are attending the training.
During the training, the session will be held on the following topics:
- What is an investigation? Planning of investigative journalism
- Ethical and professional standards in the work of an investigative journalist
- Non-legal risks and safety in the work of investigative journalists
- Collecting information about people and companies using open source network
- Methods of collecting information
- The structure, organization of the training program
- Methods for evaluating training
“By the end of the training, each participant will demonstrate the ability to plan and conduct effective, interactive training sessions on investigative journalism,” – said the trainer and media consultant of Internews Network (Kiev), Oleg Khomenok.
TOT is conducted within the framework of the project “Media and Civic Participation for Transparency and Accountability” with the European Union financial support.