Job Vacancy: Program Assistant
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Program Assistant is a support position on the Country Management Team, ensuring a high level of qualitative reporting and administrative support to the Country Director and Chief of Party with tasks such as compiling and translation of reports from Russian into English for Kazakhstan and regional projects, preparing any project updates for funders. The Program Assistant also is responsible for support to program implementation and effective Internews’ work in the field of trainings and implementation of regional projects in close coordination with Internews team in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support the Country Management team to ensure all programmatic reporting requirements for Internews Network projects in Kazakhstan are fulfilled in a timely and high quality fashion;
- Provide translation of program reports from Russian into English, prepare, and assemble materials for quarterly reports. Write updates and provide additional information for head office if necessary;
- Provide assistance with implementation of country monitoring and evaluation efforts, working with the Country Director, Regional Program Officer and other program managers to ensure M&E data are well designed, adequately supported and that results are distributed appropriately in English;
- Provide support for Country Management team for implementation of project activities as conferences, media labs, cross-border exchanges and trainings;
- Provide support with subgrants administration in relation to programmatic issues as needed to ensure their compliance with approved procedures;
- Support for proposal drafting, working in tandem with Country Director and Chief of Party to design high quality proposals for new program activities in English;
- Prepare information requests for Kazakhstani programs as requested by the Country Director or Chief of Party;
- Prepare correspondence, reports and minutes from field-based conferences and discussion panels;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years experience working on development projects or 3 years with a relevant degree
- Report writing experience and excellent writing skills
- Fluent English and Russian language skills
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Significant experience and ability in handling multiple tasks
- Proficient in MS Office, comfortable navigating excel
- Journalism experience and/or education
- Experience with project reporting, monitoring and evaluation
TO APPLY: Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 14th 2016.