Position: Project Coordinator in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan
Project: Media for Improved Reporting on Environmental and Natural Resources in Central Asia
Accountable to: Project Director
Contract: 14 months fixed term at 100% LOE/5 days per week
Benefits: 1000-1500 EUR per month depending on experience at 100% LOE
Internews is an international media development organisation whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard.
We envision a future where everyone, everywhere, enjoys equal access to trusted, quality information that empowers them to live healthy, secure, rewarding lives.
Summary of Role:
The Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan Project Coordinator supports the Project Director with the delivery of the project “Media for Improved Reporting on Environmental and Natural Resources in Central Asia”. He/She will lead on coordinating the implementation of activities and the M&E plan in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan, and be responsible for ensuring the project meets its objectives in Kyrgyzstan outlined in the project design. The Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing Small Grant implementation by collaborating with partner organizations and general public relations.
- Responsible for overall project implementation in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan
- Assist in the overall daily administration of the activities of projects implementation in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan
- Lead on the development and implementation of an M&E plan for this project in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan, under the supervision of the M&E Manager in London
- Assisting in communication with the HQ and Donor
- Liaise between Internews in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan and Internews HQ;
- Manage Small Grant implementation by collaborating with partner organizations
- Lead on public relations of the overall project activities in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan
- Preparing the weekly updates for the Project Director on progress of Projects Implementation;
- Deputize for the Project Director in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan, for example reports to be submitted in time if the Project Director is on a Business Trip or leave;
- Assist in budget management and monitoring to assure the expenses are due to the planned activities and there is no overspending;
- Translation of all needed documents and Reports from Russian/Kyrgyz/Kazakh/Tajik into English and visa versa.
- Interpreting during the meetings with donors, INGO Forums and meetings with INGOs and counterparts
- Be responsible for visa obtaining and accommodation of the visitors to Internews in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan;
- Participate at the meetings organized by Internews;
- Provide monitoring of small grant project production by collaborating TV stations after seeking advice from the M&E Manager in London
- Work in team and independently;
- Assist in other responsibilities\activities that are due to the smooth operation of Internews in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan and implementation of the “Media for Improved Reporting on Environmental and Natural Resources in Central Asia” Project
- Quality, timeliness and accuracy of reports, including monthly M&E reporting, financial reports and petty cash records
- Financial transactions undertaken in compliance with Internews standards and Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan local Legislation
- Good working relations with the staff, partners and donors
- Swift resolution of challenges and problems
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of position responsibilities
- Efficient and cost-effective use of project resources
5-10 years of experience in a similar role/role with direct relevance to the Project Coordinator role
Experience of producing reports for external audiences
Experience of measuring outputs and outcomes and reporting on these to external audiences
Experience of monitoring spending within donor conditions
Experience of leading a team successfully
Experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
Fluency in written and spoken Kyrgyz/Kazakh/Tajik, Russian and English
Ability to work well under pressure
Initiative and creativity in solving problems
Ability to create good working relations with colleagues, partners and donors
Knowledge of the current media environment in Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan/Tajikistan
Interest and understanding of environmental issues in the region
Understanding of the importance of M&E in project quality, for learning and accountability
How to apply
Please send a CV (maximum 2 pages) and Cover Letter (maximum 1 page) to email@example.com 9am on Monday 18th April 2016. Please describe why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience are relevant.