Seeks the Regional Program Officer for Internews regional programs implemented in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
Position: Regional Program Officer
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Travel: Travel anticipated
Supervisor: Country Director
Reports to: Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Country Director
Works closely with: Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, all regional and country staff
Supervises: Bishkek based Grant Manager, Media Consultant, and Technical Manager for the southern region
Closing date: June 17, 2016
The Regional Program Officer is a key support position on the Regional Management Team, ensuring a high level of qualitative reporting and administrative support to the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party with tasks such as compiling and writing all program reports for Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, working with country staff to include the relevant impact data and illustrative examples; solicit, draft, and edit success stories and ready them for multimedia presentation; assist in creating and implementing a strategy for communications on program activities and accomplishments across all countries; and assist in implementation of regional conferences, cross-border exchanges, and other project events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure that all programmatic reporting requirements for Internews project in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan are fulfilled in a timely and high quality manner;
- Oversee the implementation of regional monitoring and evaluation efforts, working with the Regional Management team and other program managers to ensure all M&E efforts are well designed, adequately supported and that results are distributed appropriately;
- Prepare waiver requests, budget modifications and procurement actions for regional and Kyrgyzstan programs, as needed;
- Support the Regional Management team with regional representation efforts to USAID, other active donors, and key program counterparts, as requested by the Regional Management team;
- Oversee preparations for all regional events;
- Serve as the field-based writer for proposal drafting, working in tandem with by the Regional Management team and HQ-based staff to design high quality proposals for new program activities;
- Prepare correspondence and reports from field-based conferences and discussion panels;
- 3+ years’ experience working on development projects or 2 years with a relevant advanced degree
- Fluent English and Russian language skills. Central Asian language skills are big plus
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Report writing experience and excellent writing skills, in general
- Significant experience and ability in fulfilling administrative tasks
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments
- Proficient in MS Office, comfortable navigating excel
- Relevant university degree
- Journalism experience and/or education
- Experience with project monitoring and evaluation
Interested qualified candidates please send cover letter, CV, and two reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 17, 2016.
All applicants are encouraged to read duties and responsibilities and the qualifications for this position carefully. Only qualified applicants that meet the listed requirements will be considered. The deadline for applications is June 17, 2016. If you have not heard from us by June 24, please assume that your application has not been successful.